Storey & Associates Ltd are experts in New Zealand rental property annual returns, ensuring your annual return is completed quickly and efficiently, so that you get the best results on your return.
Whether you live in New Zealand or overseas, if you own a rental property in New Zealand IRD require you to lodge an annual return each year, to avoid penalties for non-compliance. Important things to remember for rental property annual returns are:
- Ensure you compile all deductible expenses to IRD standards.
- Lodge and pay on time to avoid any non-compliance penalties.
- Use the correct legal structure otherwise tax can become very expensive with non-compliance penalties, late payment penalties and interest charges.
Even if you are not living in New Zealand, any losses can carry forward to future years for when you eventually return to New Zealand. Rental losses in New Zealand can also be used to offset overseas income.
Why choose Storey & Associates Ltd to process your Rental Property returns?
- We specialise in New Zealand rental property accounting so we will get you the best results on your return, claiming all relevant expenses ie. car mileage, home office, subscriptions etc.. so you have peace of mind.
- We guarantee a 1 month turnaround as long as all of the information requested is received – straight forward returns usually take about 1 week.
- We work with clients in New Zealand and overseas who own rental properties in New Zealand.
- We have fixed prices for New Zealand rental property annual returns ie. Mum, Dad and 1 rental property is typically $700 + GST.
- We have a specialised Rental Folder, which if used as instructed you get a $50 annual discount as it saves us, and you time.
Our staff not only prepare rental property annual returns, some are investors themselves.
"Considering our entire returns were completed via email correspondence, we were well impressed by the level of communication. Quick responses to any queries and constantly kept updated. A friendly team with excellent customer service. Many thanks"
Leah, New Zealand Rental Investor living in Australia
"Janine has been very good at requesting any additional information quickly to complete accounts. Always very pleasant and helpful. Janine has been an excellent Rental Accounting Manager."
Owen, New Zealand Rental Investor
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do I need to do my annual return?
A: Every year, for the tax year ending 31/03/xx needs to be filed by the 7th of July of that year, however if you are a client with our agency, by the 31st of March of the following year.
Q: How long will it take?
A: We guarantee a 1 month turnaround as long as all of the information requested is received – straight forward returns usually take less than 1 week.
Q: What happens if it is overdue?
A: IRD charge Late Payment Penalties, Late Filing Penalties, plus Use Of Money Interest charges, even if there are losses.
Q: Can I get my return done from overseas?
A: Yes – Courier / Email / Phone etc.
Q: Do you need to contact my property manager?
A: Sometimes, but we do contact you first.
Q: What if I have multiple properties?
A: No problem – computerised system help, ie: XERO, SAASU, AIMS – the question is what information do you need to better manage properties that at the same time provides the IRD with the information they need.